Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Cle de Peau Beaute The Serum

Just finished the last of the Cle de Peau Beaute The Serum--I had two 3mL/0.1fl. oz. bottles, one from Caty's generous care package a couple of years ago (thank you, Caty!) and the other from Cle de Peau Beaute AM to PM Hydration Essentials Set, as well as a deluxe 7mL/0.23fl. oz. bottle from a Nordstrom GWP when I bought the set.

Caty's care package.

I started out using these as part of my morning routine but later changed to nighttime instead, because the serum was quite rich. The 3 small sample bottles lasted me from December until now, because I didn't have to use that much each time.

The serum was a clear and runny gel that was viscous and a touch sticky. It had the same scent as all the other CDP products, but if I give it a deeper sniff I'd get a whiff of alcohol as well. The gel texture made it easy to spread and the slight stickiness didn't bother me at all. It was rich and moisturizing once set.

While I did like it and enjoyed using it, I still don't get why this serum retails for serious $$$. I mean, it's no miracle worker, so why does it cost so much (other than the brand name and the marketing)? Suffice to say I won't be buying the full size anytime soon. Honestly, of all the "luxury" skincare products I've tried, and admittedly I haven't tried that many, I haven't found one I felt worth the crazy price tag yet. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, maybe I'm too picky, whatever. Still, I've used enough skincare and have made repeated purchase on a select few products, but none of them would be considered "luxury."

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts