Monday, November 21, 2011

Etude House Fresh Cherry Blusher Duo

I have this Etude House Fresh Cherry Blusher Duo for a while now but never had the chance to use it until now. I bought it because it reminds me of the Stila Convertible Color compact I have with Lillium and Gerbera ^.^

All pictures taken indoor with flash, unless otherwise noted.

This is one of the very few Etude House cream blushers I've seen floating around, along with the newer line of Tangerine Cheek Cream Blusher that has only 4 color variations. Not sure why there aren't more of these. I love cream cheek colors, don't you? And it's not like Etude House can't make a decent cream blusher, judging from the nice quality of this Fresh Cherry Blusher Duo. 

Anyway, this compact has a pretty pearly lilac flip top with translucent eggplant color base. There is a mirror underneath the lid. The compact feels nice, not too bulky but not too tiny either.

The colors are nothing like Stila's Lillium and Gerbera of course. It's a cool rose pink on the left and a reddish coral on the right, both are matte without any shimmers at all. They are a little more translucent than Stila Convertible Colors but are still quite pigmented to turn me into a clown if I'm not careful. That is to say I don't need much at all, may be a couple of dabs, for the colors to show up nicely after blended.  The lasting power is great. I would apply some in the early evening to go out to dinner and come home late at night still with flushed cheeks (though I'm sure alcohol contributes too :P). The texture of the cream is thick and smooth, though I would say it has a touch of clay in it, if that makes any sense. So while you can definitely use this as a lip tint, it would probably be a bit drying. Fragrance wise, if I sniff it closely, I find a light fruity scent, though it could be because I store it together with my other scented cosmetics.

Top: cool rose, swatched and blended.
Bottom: reddish coral, swatched and blended.
Picture taken in natural light without flash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!


my blog post: blogger.com

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts