Saturday, May 7, 2022

DHC Olive Leaf Cream Part II

Some tens years after I first tried DHC Olive Leaf Cream, here I am finally getting around to use a full sized 40g/1.4oz. jar, only to learn that DHC has discontinued the whole line a while ago :(

This is the epitome of perfect packaging for me: glass, reusable, in perfect size and shape, and cute to boot! Love it! 

I actually bought two of these creams when DHC still offered Olive Leaf products. At the time, I thought I might have gone overboard because when have I ever used up two full size jars of the same cream? But now that this line is no longer available, I'm so, so glad I have 2 jars, because it turns out the cream hasn't changed much since I last tried it and I still like it a whole lot!
 
One difference that I did notice about the cream: it's no longer greasy to the touch. It could very well be that when I first tried it in the sample packets, the packets were old stock. Whereas if you would look at the product pictures below, the cream is fresh and isn't at all greasy. Yes, it's very rich and super moisturizing, a perfect follow up to the super light Lotion and Milk to seal in all the good moisture, and it's unscented! Actually, I'd even say the cream feels luxurious, comparable to many of the high end creams I've tried. Why DHC discontinued this line is a mystery to me. Then again, that's just how Japanese skincare works. They discontinue (some fantastic!) stuff all the damn time.

See my previous DHC Olive Leaf Cream post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts