Thursday, May 26, 2022

Sekkisei Treatment Cleansing Oil

For many years now (a decade, actually, since 2012!), Sekkisei USA has been trying--and failing--to tempt me to try their products. Why? Because in 2011, I did try their famous Lotion and Emulsion and just plain hated them. They were just sticky and icky, and way too strongly scented. 

But that was when hubby and I were still in Yokohama where the weather itself got sticky and icky at certain times of the year. That, and I was also ten years younger with skin that wasn't as dry as it is now. Now that we're living in a much drier climate and my skin is also dry all the time, I'm ready to try Sekkisei products again. And so when they ran a generous promotion a couple of months back, I placed an order for a couple things (the Cream and Essence, will get to them later) and got a bunch of freebies to try.

First up is this tiny 9mL/0.3fl. oz. bottle of Treatment Cleansing Oil from the Winter Skincare Mini Set GWP. Not sure why it's called Treatment Cleansing Oil, because I don't know what it's treating, but ok whatever.


Winter Skincare Mini Set GWP

First thing I noticed was, of course, the scent--hooray for it being much milder and pleasant than I remember. Maybe they finally took heed of user complaints and fixed the fragrance? Who knows! But I liked the scent now. It was like a milder version of L'Occitane Shea Butter scent, which I enjoy quite a bit. 

The cleansing oil's texture was just right, not too thick not too thin. It rinsed decently clean, wasn't stripping and didn't leave film either. Will definitely get a full size with another good promotion. That said, this wasn't really a fair judgment since I haven't actually tried the Lotion and Emulsion again. It's hard to screw up a cleansing oil in my opinion.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts