Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer Shine Balm

At long last, I'm finally posting about Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer Shine Balm which I've been using for the past couple of years now. The first three colors I bought were Dahlia, Mariposa, and Poppy, with each tube containing a generous 4g of product. I did go back for a couple more colors and will post those later.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


 

I mentioned in the past I'm pretty impressed with all the Jouer's lip products I've tried thus far, the Essential Lip Enhancer in the original Rose scent (there's a new Vanilla scent now but I'm not inclined to try it as I'm not too fond of sweet lippie stuff) and the sadly-discontinued Essentialip Smoothing Sugar Lip Polish. These Lip Enhancer Shine Balms are no different, they're quite lovely and very much remind me of my favorite Japanese lippies in all the good ways: unscented, the jelly-oily texture, the sheer pigmentation and translucency of colors (for some--but not all--colors), the super glossy finish, and how well they moisturize my lips. Too bad not all the colors are sheer and translucent, otherwise I'd collect them all!

- Dahlia: the website described this color as deep berry and I think that's accurate. This is a shimmer-free, sheer, and translucent deep berry and I love it!

- Mariposa: described as black cherry and I think that's accurate as well. A shimmer-free, sheer, and translucent black cherry.

- Poppy: a shimmer-free, sheer, and translucent yellow-based red. My favorite of the bunch, of course, but really I love all three colors. Too bad I don't see Poppy on Jouer's website anymore and I don't know whether it's been discontinued or just out of stock. I sure hope they don't discontinue this color.

From left to right: Dahlia, Mariposa, and Poppy.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Thank you so much for sending me the treatment balm and scrub! I love rose scents (and sleep separately from the husband lol), so I've been really enjoying them.

I still see Poppy being sold in Europe, so if you ever want me to send some over, just say the word!
(Here, for example: https://www.douglas.ch/de/p/5003239014?variant=766302)

D. said...

Hi Julia!

You are so sweet! Thank you! I'm hoping it won't come to that, and even then it'll be a while until I need another Poppy. Thank you so much, and I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the treatment balm and scrub! They're great, right? I love them too!

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Just say the word! I've found it for less money as well, so it's not always quite that pricey here. (I only buy from Douglas when they do 25% off store-wide lol).

You know I love rose stuff, and putting stuff on my lips! XD

Do you like perfume, btw? I've recently gotten a bit obsessed with finding "my" scent and was wondering if you'd like some decants. And I'm going home to Germany in a few weeks, so my offer to send you some lipbalms and anything else you'd like still stands!

D. said...

Hi Julia!

Just emailed you <3

Hugs,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts