Thursday, June 11, 2020

Jouer Essential Lip Enhancer

So I kept seeing Jouer ads popping up on my Insta feed, and most of them were for foundations and concealers, etc., which I don't care for. Then one day, they decided the Essential Lip Enhancer Shine Balm (will post later) would better attract my attention and, what do you know, they succeeded ^.^" I went straight to their website to check it out and while at it, I picked up a Lucky & Charmed Lip Care Essentials Gift Set with a 10mL/0.33fl. oz. tube of Essential Lip Enhancer and a pot of Essentialip Smoothing Sugar Lip Polish (will post next), both in Rose scent.   

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


So far I'm pretty impressed with all the lip products I've tried from Jouer, this balm especially. The formula is fantastic, balmy, super moisturizing, and glossy. There's a very slight pink tint but it applies totally clear. This balm feels very much like all those high-end Japanese balms I love, minus the goopiness. The pearly white squeeze-tube has a slanted applicator tip, pretty standard. I like that it's affordable, $16 for 10mL of product which I think is generous.

This balm used to be a mainstay on my nightstand, until hubby complained about its rose fragrance. Yes, it's scented with a mild rose fragrance, and during the day it's ok and not really noticeable. However, at night the rose scent on the lips can get pretty obnoxious and intrusive, probably because the quiet and the darkness have an emphatic effect on the fragrance. So I switched it to my desk and in its place is the unscented (Malin+Goetz) Lip Moisturizer (will post soon).

Essentialip Smoothing Sugar Lip Polish and Essential Lip Enhancer

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts