Sunday, June 28, 2020

Philip B Forever Shine Shampoo

After finishing the travel size bottle of L'Occitane Aromachologie Intensive Repair Shampoo, I moved on to this 60mL/2fl. oz. bottle of Philip B Forever Shine Shampoo, another freebie from a recent Beauty Habit order.


Wow, I think this might be the first shampoo I stopped using after one try because I couldn't stand it :( First off, it was super thick and goo-like, so thick I thought it must have either dried out or gone bad. But then it felt pretty fresh, I'd only recently received it, and it didn't smell off in anyway. It foamed well and rinsed well too, so may be it was just the weird texture that was off-putting. 

Secondly, this shampoo didn't leave my hair soft like the Japanese/Korean shampoos do, although to be fair I'm not certain if my postpartum hormones are to blame. After all, my smooth, glowing skin is also no longer, my menses is all wonky (14-days cycle anyone? Urgh), and even my littlest guy is getting a bad case of baby acne T.T 

Finally, the shampoo was scented with a weird, old lady fragrance that was not only super strong but also long-lasting. The next day, I smelled it on my bedding, my clothing, and my babies!!! Argh! Again, it might be my postpartum hormones making me sensitive to and intolerant of certain fragrances, but then even hubby complained that he didn't like the scent because it made me I smell like a stranger. So yeah, I stopped using this stuff after just one try. Do not like. Will probably ask around friends and family to see if anyone wants to try it before I toss it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts