Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Butaiya UV Proof Brilliant Loose Powder SPF50 PA+++

So it's mid-June, a good three months since the country's gone on lock-down thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic. Understandably, folks are eager to get back to the way things were, the "normal" life so to speak. Some are taking things into their own hands and move on with life as if the virus had "gone away" when it merely had "gone around."


My flavor of desperation is to try new sunscreen powders even when I know I'll have even fewer chances than before to actually use them. This 8g jar of Butaiya UV Proof Brilliant Loose Powder is among the few newbies acquired this season. I haven't heard of Butaiya before and this is the first product I've tried from the brand.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the packaging. They managed to put 8g of loose powders into a small, portable jar with an applicator puff and a mirror on top of the lid. What thoughtful and considerate packaging--I have powders with half the product content stored in jars twice as big! This makes me feel great about the 2,500yen retail, which is actually reasonable as far as sunscreen powders go.

The powder itself is finely milled and silky to the touch. It does even out skin tone a bit, but I wouldn't even consider this moderate coverage. I see titanium dioxide (酸化チタン), zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), and octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル) on the list of ingredients, a pretty decent balance of physical blockers and chemical filters, although it does have a slightly weaker SPF and PA rating. Good enough for me. I like it, although not enough to repurchase, only because there will be many more newer powders released each year.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

That looks so smooth! Too bad I can't use octinoxate and still have that cezanne compact to finish...Speaking of which, I suddenly got a desire for thick lip glosses all of a sudden...when I am covered with mask most of the time (got some new formula and new old stock of discontinued glosses I loved back in the day). Anyway, we are on our phase two and I think i will go look for egg tart tomorrow!

D. said...

Hi Mina,

It's very smooth and is a great powder! And 8g is rather generous too so I'm contemplating a backup after all ^.^"

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts