Friday, June 19, 2020

Decorte Makeup Coffret II

After the Cosme Decorte AQMW Makeup Coffret VI that was released for the 2017 holidays season, I wasn't planning on getting anymore from Decorte. That was, until the Makeup Coffret II released for the 2019 holidays season caught my eyes with its striking metallic red packaging. This coffret featured a Lasting Gel Eyeliner RD402, an Eye Glow Gem PK891, a Powder Blush M PK805, and The Rouge RD459, all of which are wearable for me, so I picked it up.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I bought this coffret from the Decorte USA website when they were giving out a 15% off promotion plus GWP (the minis and the mask in the first picture), so I ended with a pretty good deal, paying less than Japanese retail and received freebies on top of that. Happy camper ^.^

- Lasting Gel Eyeliner RD402: a twist up pencil liner that applies buttery smooth. The formula is long-lasting too, if not too long-lasting ^.^" See pictures below. The color is a shimmer-free red-brown that works better for my upper lash line than my lower. It turns too red on my lower lash line and makes me look like I'm either having major allergic reaction or has just bawled my eyes out. That said, I haven't had the chance to wear it all day so I don't know whether it would melt and stain my contact lenses.

- Eye Glow Gem PK891: I'm not fond of Decorte's new packaging but I do admit the red is really eye-catching. The eye shadow itself is a lovely color that's super wearable. In the pot, there are swirls of gold and rose-berry that combine to become a really pretty red-gold, a perfect lid wash. It's too bad I don't have more opportunities to wear it :(

Lasting Gel Eyeliner RD402 and Eye Glow Gem PK891

This is what I mean with the Gel Eyeliner being too long-lasting--it won't come off even after rigorous rubbing with tissue paper (left) or under running water (right). It did come off with an oil-based makeup remover though.

- Powder Blush M PK805: it's been at least a couple of years since I last bought a powder blush. Getting older and sleeplessness definitely don't help my dry-combo skin ^.^" and powder blushes tend to exacerbate the dryness. The color is wearable too, especially for lighter skin tones. It's a powder pink highlighter and a warm medium pink with fine peach shimmers, and they combine to become a shimmery peachy pink that might be a bit too sheer to show up on darker skin tones. Not my favorite product in the coffret but at least the metallic red compact is lovely.  

- The Rouge RD459: for me, this is the star of the coffret. The red metallic cap is gorgeous and I just wish the lipstick tube as a whole isn't so chunky and fugly. I believe this is a Glow formula. The finish is translucent with no white base. The color is a gorgeous raspberry with fine violet micro-shimmer that turns the color cooler when seen at an angle. It shows pretty well on my lips so it's not sheer despite the translucency.

Powder Blush M PK805 and The Rouge RD459. See how the powder blush emphasizes the dryness on the back of my hand?

The whole coffret swatched.

See my previous posts:

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Oh I was eyeballing the set (from Hong Kong based seller) and never realised they also sell it on US site...

Love how the lipstick look. The packaging is the only reason I don't have more decorte lipstick...Anyway according to the promo images it seems that they are going back to the Marcel Wonder design (aqmw style).I am not sure if it's only Japan or globally though.

Who ever came up with the rosegold/gummy packaging for revamp need to get spanked. Way to ruin a reputation...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

They do! In fact, the US website frequently has promos and GWPs and prices are comparable to Japanese retail.

The lipstick color is lovely and I agree about the packaging--it's fugly >.<" Let's hope they'll revert to the old packaging globally.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts