Wednesday, June 17, 2020

L'Occitane Aromachologie Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

My littlest one turned 5 weeks old yesterday, and that meant no more sponge baths with just a wet washcloth. It was shower time with his papa now. He hated the sponge baths and loves the shower, especially when his papa slowly runs the water stream through his hair. Not to be left out of the fun, my toddler insisted on jumping in with his papa and his baby brother, because as soon as papa was done rinsing off the baby, the shower became a bubble bath for him to splash around with.

The nightly shower and subsequent bath with the boys resulted in hubby relocating the bottle of Tsubaki Smooth Shampoo to the kids' bathroom, which means I'm free to sample around with the many shampoo and conditioner travel sizes. Let's face it, we won't be traveling anywhere soon, even without the pandemic. These sample bottles are just piling up in my cabinet, so why not use them?

I started with the 35mL/1.18fl. oz. pair of L'Occitane Aromachologie Intensive Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. They were from the Repair and Glow Necessities gift set I got as GWP with an order last year (or was it the year before, I don't remember...).

To be completely honest, I picked these to start with because I didn't have very good impression of L'Occitane hair care products. I've tried several different ones in the past and they all left much to be desired. Suffice to say I wanted to get these done with and out of the way and rid my cabinet of them.

So imagine my surprise when I started washing my hair and thought, wow, this shampoo smells amazing! Folks, this is probably one of the best smelling shampoo I've tried. It's a pleasant herbal scent with sweet fruity and warm woodsy notes. I'd totally buy the full size just because of the scent alone, and since it's pricey I'll wait for it to go on sale :P

As for the actual shampoo and conditioner, they're ok. The shampoo has a light and runny texture, and it doesn't foam super well which means I have to use more for my hair to feel clean. It does rinse well though, and doesn't leave my hair squeaky or stripped. Neither the shampoo nor the conditioner leaves my hair soft and bouncy the next day, but at least my hair and scalp aren't oily.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts