Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Klorane Floral Water Make-up Remover

For months I've been using this 400mL/13.5fl. oz. bottle of Klorane Floral Water Make-up Remover interchangeably with several other bottles of cleansing water. Just recently I got to about 1/3 of the way through so I guess a post is in order.


 
Let's start with the bad. Well, more like annoyances and not truly bad. First the packaging. This bottle is equipped with a plate-pump, which I assure you is a terrible idea all around because it doesn't really work. I know it's designed to be quick and easy, but in reality I get a mess every time I use it--could it be I've been using it wrong this whole time? This is not the first plate-pump bottle I have, and I experience the same problem with all of them! Holding the cloth or cotton pad over the pump isn't the problem. The problem is pressing the pump down to dispense, and the pressure of the push blocks the very opening where the product is supposed to be dispensed. So what I get is either a squirt of product gets everywhere, or a n overflow of product that gets underneath the plate-pump where I can't clean. 

Second, this makeup remover has an odd odor that's reminiscent of acetone, which freaks me out the first time I used it. If it smells sort of like acetone, should I really be rubbing this stuff onto my face? Of course it's not really acetone, because my eyes and sinus would feel the burn if it were. Other than this off-putting odor, this stuff is unscented. 

 
Now the good. This makeup remover works pretty well, and so far it's been pretty mild on my dry skin. Even more impressive is that it's less astringent than Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup-up Removing Micelle Solution that's arguably the original cleansing water. Look at the list of ingredients: it's preciously short which is a great thing, a feat rather difficult to achieve. Most skincare brands make the mistake of thinking the more ingredients the better when the opposite is true. I'd say I like it, but I won't repurchase because of the odor. Likewise, I'd recommend it with reservation, because smells are objective and maybe others won't be put-off with this odor as I am.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts