Wednesday, November 2, 2011

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion

I love L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream, so I was looking forward to using the L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion on the rare occasion that requires me to dress up pretty and all that girly stuff at a party :P This is a 2.5oz. travel sized bottle that came with the Mystery Gift Event in late 2010.

From left to right: Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion, Almond Shower Oil, Almond Soap, and mini Shea Hand Cream. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


Too bad this Shimmering Lotion is a total let down. First off, the scent isn't as nice as the Cherry Blossom Hand Cream. Where as the Hand Cream has a sweet and flowery fragrance, this one just smells...fake. I guess all the different ingredients in the Shimmering Lotion alters the way it smells, but I don't like it at all! 

Secondly, it's hardly shimmering. Yes, it has shimmers, but the shimmers are so fine that you can't see anything at all unless you look very closely under a source of light. I think the idea is that the lotion supposed to give your skin a subtle glow when the sunlight/light hits, but the lotion didn't quite get there. I don't want a glittery lotion, but it defeats the purpose of the shimmers when I can't even see them on my own arm unless I put my arm right up to my face in the bathroom. So really, the shimmers in this lotion is just a useless ingredient that not only didn't help the overall product but takes away from it. Oh well.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts