- Wasabi Ramune: I am actually curious about this one, believe it or not! May be I'll take the fall next time ^.^
- Kibidango (millet cake) Ramune: curious about this one too, although I'm hesitant to try it. Why? Because I'm afraid it might have the taste of mitarashi, a soy sauce syrup that they smother some dangos with. The vast majority of the time, I love the mix of sweet and salty, but for some reason my palate just rejects this combination of mitarashi dango. In my opinion, the soy sauce usually comes out rather strong in mitarashi, and so it overwhelms the much more mildly flavored dango. I prefer my dango with kinako, or soy bean flour.
- Momiji Manju Ramune: momiji manju is a maple leaf shaped cake with red bean paste inside. It's a regional variation of the more common manju, a specialty of Hiroshima.
***Momiji manju picture from Cultural News.
- Salt Ramune: made with fishermen seaweed salt! I actually bought this one and I'm happy to report it didn't taste so bad ^.^ Like a salty lemonade minus the lemonade, which leaves us with just a salty soda LOL! Hubby thought it was pretty weird, but I like it because I'm very tolerant with the sweet and salty combo (with the exception of mitarashi, see Kibidango Ramune above). Have you ever had a salty lemonade a salty preserved plum in a soda? They're quite delicious, honest!
- Hokkaido Shirakaba (silver birch) Ramune: with 10% birch sap from Bifukacho, Hokkaido. I'm so going to try this one next time!
- Yogurt Ramune: another flavor developed from a high school internship project. Given my positive experience with the Caramel below, this and the Cream Puff have become the must try flavors!
- Caramel Ramune: I have a weakness for anything caramel, so you bet I bought this one. It's a third flavor from the said high school internship project. I expected a sugary sweet soda but it turned out to be surprisingly delicious and was neither sugary or coyingly sweet. It was this flavor that made me regret not buying Cream Puff as well as Yogurt above.
See my previous posts:
- Only in Japan...
- Only in Japan... Part II
- Only in Japan... Tokyu Hands Edition