Friday, June 15, 2012

The Body Shop Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel

With The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleansing Cream as my every-2-mornings cleanser, this Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel is my daily night cleanser as a gentle follow up to Naive Makeup Cleansing Oil (which I just finished as well and will review the new replacement soon!). 

I bought a few of these bottles when The Body Shop was having a huge Originals sale before discontinuing them again. I'm so glad I bought when I did, because this cleanser turns out to be much more gentle than I thought it would be! And it comes in a gigantic 250mL bottle too that has been lasting me for quite some months now (since late February, was it?), so long I'm actually getting, umm, bored of it ^.^ 

This is a simple gel cleanser that smells of fresh passion fruit, though a tad too tangy and ripe but it doesn't bother me too much. You don't need a lot of product for a good cleanse, which is why one bottle has been lasting me for this long -.-' Yes, I'm one of those folks with short attention span, and while the idea of bang for your bucks sounds nice, using a huge container of the same product for a long time bores the hell out of me! 

Anyway, while it doesn't foam much at all, it does a nice job leaving my skin feeling clean but not stripped dry. Here's the funny thing, it rinses clean, but not squeaky clean. It does leave a slight film that's not greasy but rather slippery-silicony. Thankfully my skin doesn't seem to mind at all, and hubby uses it every now and then he doesn't even notice this. My sister, however, did. I gave her some to try having bought a few bottles, and she said it made her face itchy. She has very sensitive skin, and both the Cucumber Cleansing Milk and Cucumber Refreshing Water made her face itchy as well.

The Body Shop Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Passiflora Edulis Fruit Extract (Natural Additive), Coco-Glucoside (Surfactant), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (Surfactant), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Benzophenone-4 (Sunscreen agent, Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Methylparaben (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), CI 14700 (Colour).
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts