Friday, October 14, 2011

L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Lipstick

Onwards with more of L'Occitane's color collection. Yeah, I bought a few things ^.^ These are L'Occitane Fleur Cherie Lipsticks in the colors Corail Brocart and Ruban Rouge.

Corail Brocart

Ruban Rouge

To be honest I don't know why I bought these lipsticks ^.^ I rarely wear lipsticks, and it's not like I don't already have a myriad of lip colors already with more lipsticks than I can wear in my lifetime. But then the description for these Fleur Cherie Lipsticks had to go and say they are sheer and moisturizing tints and I couldn't resist that :P Oh, and yeah, the box didn't mention a word about the "Fleur Cherie" either.

Corail Brocart


These also come in a thicker cardboard paper box, and although the lipstick tube is also paper, it somehow feels sturdier. The twist up tube inside is aluminum too! Scent wise, they are only very mildly scented with a pretty powdery flower fragrance that I can't confirm whether it is Fleur Cherie, but it is surprisingly pleasant. In comparison, Estee Lauder and Lancome lipsticks are much more perfumy. Even the L'Occitane Plum Blossom Lip Gloss is very perfumy, so I'm very happy that these Fleur Cherie lipsticks aren't. Brownie points for L'Occitane on this count.

Ruban Rouge



What really win me over with these lipstick, however, is their formula. They felt like Lancome on me, which is pretty impressive since Lancome is much better known for its lip products and has been making lipsticks for a long time. In contrast, correct me if I'm wrong but this is L'Occitane's first stab at lipsticks, and granted these aren't Clinique Butter Shine, but they are still some pretty creamy and moisturizing stuff with a semi glossy finish. They are on the moderate to sheer side too, which I love (...and others may hate). The fact that they still feel fabulous on my lips only makes me even more glad to have bought them!

- Corail Brocart: a translucent peach with gold pearly shimmers. Very pretty!

- Ruban Rouge: this color does what Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey tried to do with me but ended up failing miserably. Unlike the sheer Corail Brocart above, this one is more pigmented, making it a moderate coverage lipstick. The color is a beautiful grapey berry, and since it is too pigmented for me to layer on both my lips, I wear it the same way I wear Lancome Color Design Lipstick in First Crush, applying only one thin layer on the bottom lip and then press to sheer out. This gives me a gorgeous berry stain with some red showing through from my natural lip color. And unlike Lancome First Crush, which gives me a matte stain, this L'Occitane Ruban Rouge leaves my berry stain with a nice sheen on top of some moisture. So this lipstick actually feels like a tinted balm to me. Lurv.

Swatches for Corail Brocart and Ruban Rouge.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts