Sunday, November 15, 2020

Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow Part VII

Yet another post stuck in draft for some 10 months: another installment of Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow, colors 18 桜降 (Sakuraori) and EX-19 冬緑空 (Touryokuzora, a gift from Caty--thank you so much!).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash. 

- 18 桜降 (Sakuraori): I've been eyeing this quad for a long time. For an equally long stretch of time before that, I was convinced it would be too warm for me because of that orange-copper pan at bottom right and was lemming for quad 05 櫻樺 (Sakurakaba) instead. By the time I've read enough reviews and saw enough online swatched to be convinced it's not that warm, the whole range of Blend Color Eyeshadows was already discontinued. This particular quad, being popular as it was, became super hard to find. The ones available via E(vil)bay was grossly marked up 200-300% and I didn't want it that badly. And then one random night, I stumbled upon it for a reasonable price around $80-something plus shipping from the UK. So I snatched it up.

Clockwise from top left: 

- Base/highlighter: shimmer/low intensity. A soft white with a pearly pink sheen.

- Highlighter/lid: shimmer, low intensity. A semi-translucent pastel pink with gold shimmers. 

- Medium/crease/accent: metallic, high intensity. A pigmented orange-copper. This color scared me off of this quad for a very long time!

- Dark/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A chocolate brown. Despite the pigmentation, this color isn't nearly dark enough to line with in my opinion. I guess that's ok because the color theme of this quad is soft and springy.

- EX-19 冬緑空 (Touryokuzora): these LE's, having been long discontinued, are super rare and are only available at "collector's prices," i.e. so totally out of my reach. So when Caty told me she was looking to rehome her barely-used one, of course I said yes. Thank you, Caty! This particular LE came with a beautiful shimmery ink-blue compact. For me, the star of the palette is the gorgeous blackened olive at bottom left. It's just so unique in combination with apricot, taupe, and white.

Clockwise from top left: 

- Lid: shimmer/low intensity. Lovely apricot.

- Medium/crease/accent: shimmer, medium intensity. A nice taupe.

- Base/highlighter: matte, low intensity. A chalky white that works surprisingly well to blur out discoloration on the lids as well as on the under-eye area. Because of the color and matte finish, I thought it would apply chalky as well but it does not.

- Dark/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A blackened olive with gold shimmers. I love that there's lots of green in this olive and that it's an unsual choice to round out the quad. I would have chosen a deep brown because I'm boring like that, so this choice of olive is a pleasant surprise.   

See my previous posts:

4 comments:

Lena L said...

Oh, I would love to have at least one of the old Suqqu eyeshadow palettes. They look amazing! (and, nice score!!)

D. said...

Hi Lena,

Try E(vil)bay! Every once in a while I'd stumble upon a steal that would make me all giddy ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

Ahhh toryoukuzora...I think I am good with their old palettes for now. Still think about Toukiyou once in a while (the Etvos copycat Morning Surf isnt quite the same).

D. said...

Hi Mina,

Interesting that you like Toukiyou. I think I favor Himawari over Toukiyou because the latter has too much orange, but yes, I've seen the Etvos copycat. Do you have it?

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts