Monday, October 11, 2021

Ettusais Lip Essence SPF18 PA++

Read a review for this 10g tube of Ettusais Lip Essence SPF18 PA++ from Citrine a long time ago and had to try it myself. There are actually 2 versions, a "regular" version in a pale pink tube and this Deep Moist version in a medium pink tube. I have both but is reviewing the Deep Moist version first.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
 
I totally see why Citrine likes this Lip Essence Deep Moist so much. Its texture is identical to Paul & Joe Treatment Lip Balm 01 except for that it has a faintly tinted pink (versus P&J's clear), is unscented and has no taste or flavor whatsoever (versus P&J's minty scent and sensation), and it has SPF (P&J has none). Which is to say there was a learning curve for me with this Lip Essence as well. I was pretty repulsed the first try given how thick it was. Now I love it and use it regularly while sitting at my desk. The only reason it's not on my nightstand is because of the SPF--a waste since I'm using it before going to bed. Even using it at my desk is a waste and it should really be in my bag instead. 

...And of course since it's so great and I love it, Ettusais has discontinued it. Urgh. Will definitely need a backup before it's gone for good.
 
Ettusais Lip Essence and Ettusais Lip Color 01 Red (will post next). 

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Last year they were including minis
as freebie and I saw that they brought it back (in store) or at least momentarily....i see it on Japanese amazon too. I guess people were complaining....their lip edition lip gloss is lame and sucks as being a gloss or lip treatment.

Oh if you like this, Malin & Goetz mojito lip balm and lip mousturizer performs pretty well at the same price point. I sorta like the strawberry lanolips as well. So I wasnt too sad about ettusais (still gotta hoard back ups though).

D. said...

Hey Mina!

Yasss! I did stumble across Malin & Goetz as a cart filler and ended up liking them so much I went back and bought more to give to family and friends. I reviewed their mojito lip balm last year I think.

When I saw Ettusais' new lippies, I went and bought the Sakura version of this lippie instead of trying the new ones LOL Now I'm just sad I didn't get the Snoopy LE packaging ^.^

How are you?

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts