Saturday, March 18, 2023

Mama Butter Organic Shea Butter Face & Body Cream

Last summer, I needed a face cream for my morning routine and opened up this 25g pot of Mama Butter Organic Shea Butter Face & Body Cream. It was part of the LE Mama Butter x Disney collection with Mickey and Minnie Mouse on the packaging, and all had Yuzu fragrance which I'm partial to.


And then the moment I opened up this pot I realized I'd made a mistake. This was no cream. It wasn't at all a cream, and nowhere near being a cream. 
 
Instead, it was a shea butter balm, much like L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter. Now it wasn't 100% pure shea butter like L'Occitane: the list of ingredients listed shea butter first, and then a few other things. However, the texture was identical to that of L'Occitane, as in I had to dig out some, warm it up in my palms, then massage into the skin. I loved the yuzu fragrance of course, and given that it retails for 1,650JPY ($12.50 with the current exchange rate) for a pot of 25g/0.88oz product content versus L'Occitane $12.50 for 0.35oz, I think it's a better deal, espeically since it had similar effect on my skin. So yes, I had to get something out for my morning routine but this jar now lives on my nightstand for when I get dry patches anywhere, my face, my hands, my elbows, my knees.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts