Friday, August 17, 2012

Ojori (Korean Cuisine) Part II

Went back to Ojori middle of last week for lunch with Mrs. H. (whom we now endearingly call K.-obasan) who was mum-in-law's college roommate. We wanted to see her one last time prior to leaving Japan but couldn't arrange to spend a day with her family at Zushi where she lives. I had to work, and so do her 3 sons. When we found out she loves Korean food, we thought getting together for lunch would still be better than not seeing each other at all.


Each of us ordered a lunch set, so it ended up being quite a huge feast and we were stuffed! Ignore the limp and skimpy salad though. It was kind of sad to look at but everything else was delicious!

My set had this beef kalbi don in a stone bowl and my favorite beef kalbi soup.

Hubby's set had bibimbap in a stone bowl and cheese and seafood sundub. 

K.-obasan ordered a noodle set which came with this gimbap.

We spent almost 3 hours opening presents and chatted away about everything. K.-obasan recounted to us college days in the '70s when she literally travelled all across the US of A and through Mexico all by herself when she barely spoke any English and no Spanish whatsoever! Talk about brave!


See how even-toned and balanced my complexion looks here? You would think I was wearing layers of foundation, but nope, just the Mentholatum SunPlay Super Block SPF50+ PA+++ and one layer of translucent powder, Lavshuca Face Powder, Glow on the chin and the eye area for a brightening effect and Lucent everywhere else for a soft matte finish. On my eyes I wore Lavshuca Star Decoration Eyes GR-1, just the medium shade, liner shade, and the sparkly top wash (love these so much, they didn't crease at all in this melt-everything weather!). Defined my brows with Anastasia of Beverly Hills Highlighting Brow Kit. On my cheeks I dabbed SkinFood Fresh Fruit Lip & Cheek #4 Apricot and it gave me a healthy flush (these are also fantastic for this weather, they lasted all day on me without fading!). For the lips I wore one layer of Canmake Candy Wrap Lips 08 Pomegranate Jam.

See my previous Ojori (Korean Cuisine) post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts