Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Paul & Joe Lipstick and Lipstick CS Comparison Swatches

Here's my humble Paul & Joe Lipstick and Lipstick CS collection so far, along with their Lipstick Case CS. These aren't all of them as I've passed on several colors I don't use to family and friends, but I'm pretty happy with those that remains.

What I've noticed over the years is that the collection gets repetitive. There are few exceptions like the 2016 fall collection with different and lovely colors that were still seasonally appropriate. Otherwise, there's always a shade of pink, coral or orange, and red, and while I love those colors I'm getting bored seeing the same stuff over and over. So I'll probably stop here unless P&J comes up with something really fresh.

Lipstick Case CS. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


I do try to use everything I own and I rotate my collections for that very purpose. With my spacious vanity organizer, I pick out:
- Brushes: a firm and dense face brush for face powder, a cheek brush, a few eye brushes that includes a big and fluffy, a large, a medium/small, and a liner brush, and two brow brushes big and small.
- Sunscreen powders which I now use exclusively as finishing powders and have stopped buying anything lower than and SPF50.
- Cheek colors, cream or powder depending on the cheek brush I picked but all colors in the same range, all the Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Gloss for example.
- One brow powder.
- Eye shadows, either a few palettes or numerous singles, but again all variations in the same range, all the Paul & Joe Eye Color M or all the Addiction The Eyeshadow singles for example.
- Lip colors, all the colors within the same range, like all of these P&J lippies.

Yes, believe it or not they do all fit into vanity organizer, and I throw the microfiber cloth I use to wipe off the brushes over the whole thing to cover from dust. I keep each rotation for about 1-3 months depends on how quickly I get bored of the selections. This rotation system has been working well for me as it forces me to be random, spontaneous, and find ways to mix and match and create different combos.

Anyway, enough blabbing. Here are the Lipstick and Lipstick CS.

See my previous posts:

4 comments:

Citrine said...

AHH case galore! Snuggle Up is calling my name (and this one shouldn't pull mauve on me). Speaking of which, I still need to wear that once upon a time you gave me...before bright orange turns into "weird trend of 2010s".

Anonymous said...

Just so you know - I LOVE your blabbing. Please just go on and on about it! I especially love if you give us small insights in personal things like your way of organizing and using your makeup stash! I'm such a fan of your blog.
Hugs & kisses, Doris (the one from Vienna, we were chatting once when I almost lost my shit - sorry - that you might quit blogging due to your pregnancy. By the way - I hope everything is just wonderful for you and you are having an amazing time with your pregnancy!)

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Nah...there was a time back in the early 2000's when they referred to orange as a "mod" color, so it comes and goes and doesn't really go out of style if you ask me. Can't say the same for black lipsticks if you ask me...

^.^
D.

D. said...

Hi Doris!

Yes, I do remember our chat. How are you? How's life in Vienna?

I'm glad to hear I haven't bored all my readers out, though I'm not sure you'd want to encourage me because I can (might?) talk your ears off ^.^"

Thank you so much! With less than 6 more weeks to go, the little one and I are doing well and I'm counting my lucky stars everyday! I'll be sure to have him say hello to everyone on the blog once he's here :) I'll do my best to keep blogging too!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts