Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Nivea Rich Care & Color Lip Cream SPF20 PA++

Last spring, when I was restocking my sunscreen supply via Rakuten Global, these Nivea Rich Care & Color Lip Cream SPF20 PA++ were popping up everywhere I looked. Apparently the aggressive marketing worked. I sure gave in and picked up a Smokey Rose to try.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These run about 750-800yen a piece and contain 2g of product, so they're not exactly a cheap lip balm. The blue plastic twist-up tube is functional but nothing to write home about.

I definitely dig the formula though. It's not too thick, not too thin, and has that wet-oily texture that leaves my lips feeling quenched instead of the yucky silicone-y slip that just sits there. The ingredients boast three types of oil: macadamia, avocado, and jojoba. In short, it's very moisturizing, with a wet glossy finish that doesn't bleed beyond my lip line. The SPF is bonus.

I didn't add a "lip colors" label to this post because, well, the color is rather lacking, at least this color is. I don't mind this at all, but if you're buying because the name says Rich Care & Color, well, just know that there might not be any color ^.^"

- Smokey Rose: a tawny rose with micro-shimmers that leaves a noticeable pearly finish immediately upon application. However, after a few minutes, the color does a disappearing act and turns totally translucent, and I like it that way! Yep, you bet I want other "colors". These are the best stuff to carry around. Did I mention the bonus SPF?

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts