Friday, April 10, 2020

Coffret D'Or Skin Synchro Rouge Part II

Before I got the chance to try my first batch of Skin Synchro Rouge, Coffret D'Or had gone ahead and released more LE colors for the summer of 2019. Despite buying blind, I couldn't resist picking up EX-05 Sunny and EX-06 Watermelon. I'm a total sucker for oranges and reds.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Yup, still hate the ugly square and bulky packaging. Doesn't matter what color they are. However, these two colors turn out to work better for me than the first four I got. Both EX-05 and EX-06 are semi-translucent. Yes, they're still pretty darn pigmented, but the slight translucency actually does make them more wearable for me. Both colors are gorgeous on, quite bright, but not screaming for attention.

- EX-05 Sunny: bright naval orange with gold micro-shimmers that don't show.

- EX-06 Watermelon: luscious warm red, also with gold micro-shimmers that don't show. This color is so lovely.

EX-05 Sunny and EX-06 Watermelon. Interesting that the swatches look rather opaque--they're not, at least not on my lips. When I have time, I'll swatch OR-119, RD-228, EX-05, and EX-06 side by side for comparison.

See my previous Coffret D'Or Skin Synchro Rouge post.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Ahh watermelon is so beautiful...I totally forgot how good coffret dor lipaticks are. And I was experiencing kenja time while in Japan (there were so many good lipsticks, no point to get all of them)...Now I am kicking myself for totally ignoring coffret dor and a flowfushi coral red (somehow the lipsticks never made into US despite their agressive/annoying ad campaign in NYC) now I want their ss2020 lippies but ichibankao already paused their business...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

Have you tried DEJapan? It's a proxy shopping service:
- You first search for and buy items from Rakuten JP and Yahoo Shopping JP through them (paying JP retail or whatever cheapest price you could find--you have to search in Japanese though)
- They store your items/packages for free for 30 days. After that it's 100yen/day.
- Once you're finish getting all the things you want, you consolidate your packages for 100yen/ITEM and pay for any domestic shipping incurred while shopping at Rakuten and Yahoo
- Then they give you several choices of delivery method to the USA and you pay that
- They pack it and send it to you via chosen method

I've used them several times now and it's pretty straightforward. All the fees (domestic shipping, consolidating, and EMS to USA) ended up being about the same or less than the 20% fee via fudejapan. So perhaps give DEJapan a try?

Take care and stay safe!
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts