Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Maquillage Dramatic Rouge EX Part II

These Maquillage Dramatic Rouge EX in Limited Edition RD and Limited Edition VI (actual color names) were part of the holiday collection 2018. There were actually five colors, PK, RD, YE, VI, and BS, and they were supposedly color-changers once applied, I think. Of course I was curious and picked up RD and VI to try.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
 ***Screenshots from Maquillage JP.


There were so much hype around these 5 LE's that they sold out pretty quickly online. Now that I actually have time to play with the two colors I got, I don't get what the fuss is about at all. The good is the oily and sheer formula not unlike the original Dramatic Rouges that got me into these lippies in the first place. The bad is that the two colors I have RD and VI are more gimmicks than actual lipsticks. And the ugly is, well, their colors. Le sigh =.=" So not worth the time or the money.

- RD: a transparent brown with fine micro-shimmers that don't show. I don't see any red, do you? And no, it's not brownish red or even reddish brown. It's just straight up brown, as in chocolate brown. See the swatches for yourself. And no, it doesn't "change color" on my lips either. It just stays brown. Why was this color so popular? I don't get it.

- VI: swatches lavender on the back of my hand but applies transparent violet on my lips, with lavender shimmers that turns it slightly cooler. It doesn't apply anywhere near the technicolor-purple as the stick, thank goodness.

RD and VI.

See my previous Maquillage Dramatic Rouge EX post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts