Sunday, September 27, 2020

Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil

Been using this 50mL/1.6fl. oz. bottle of Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil off and on for the past couple of months. A while ago I tried a sample sachet and loved the mild powdery rosy scent that was both soothing and uplifting, so last winter when Jurlique had a holiday sales I jumped at the chance to get this face oil discounted.


With our littlest one's crib in our bedroom, I don't have access to our master bathroom during the day when he naps. This means if I want to sneak in a quick shower, I can't (sleep is a religion in our household--no one disturbs the kids' naps). Thank goodness for a second bathroom, which up to this point has been reserved exclusively for our toddler, i.e. bath toys everywhere. Now this bottle lives in the second bathroom where I take my quick shower whenever I have the chance. Because that or it'll have to be a late night shower after both boys are in bed, but by then I'd be exhausted. So I was happy to be able to apply a face oil after the quick shower and be done with it.

The problem is that I think Jurlique might have changed the fragrance, because it's totally different than I remember. I even went back to compare the ingredients in Citrine's review for this oil back in 2015 (5 years ago!) and the bottle I have, but the ingredients are the same. So why is it my bottle has a much stronger flowery scent that reminds me more or less of funeral flowers? I was quite taken aback and was terribly disappointed the first time I opened it up. That said, the bright oil itself works great. It's not at all oily and once absorbed, it leaves my skin nice and soft. I only need 5 drops each time for my face, neck, and decolletage so I just hold my nose while using it. Will not repurchase because of the scent.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Wait.. I hope they didn't change it (maybe you are getting a stronger whiff with the bottle VS sachet?) it was so hydrating and light for Texas summer (not quite enough for jersey) I like the mini bottle from set because it took me three years to use it up..

D. said...

Hey Mina,

The scent is super strong coming out of the bottle. It's super strong going on my face too for that matter! The ingredients are the same on your post as on my bottle so I don't know what happened there...

D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts