Saturday, September 5, 2020

Aromatherapy Associates Support Equilibrium Bath and Shower Oil

On a recent Beauty Habit order I got a 3mL/0.1fl. oz. sample of Aromatherapy Associates Support Equilibrium Bath and Shower Oil in a tiny glass bottle. I tried it and here's a quick note for it.


The "bath and shower oil" in the name is so very misleading. The first time I used this, I did as I always do with all the other shower oils I've used: I got into the shower, get thoroughly wet, then applied it to myself and tried to wash it off. To my surprise, this thin and light oil turned into a thick layer of grease on my skin and would not wash off. My first thought was, oh oops, is this a body oil and I'm using it wrong?

As soon as I got out of the shower, I looked it up. Turns out I was supposed to apply this oil to dry skin, before getting into the shower or bath. Huh, interesting. So I tried that the next day. This time, it kinda sorta washed off, as in it didn't rinse completely clean but left a slight film that feels rather moisturizing on my skin. Pretty neat at first glance, but on second thought what if I'm all sweaty and dirty don't want the oil to seal in the sweat and dirt and want to rinse off first? Hmm... 

Finally, the essential oil scent is rather strong and harsh. I'm glad I tried this but unfortunately I don't like it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts