Monday, September 28, 2020

Suqqu Designing Color Eyes Part X

Aye, I've this post saved in draft for months now! Here it is, finally, the next installment of Suqqu Designing Color Eyes with 14 彩漆 (Irourushi), a new addition to the permanent lineup released for fall-winter 2019, and 125 光惚 (Hikaribore), a summer 2019 LE, and 127 深飾 (Fukakazari), a UK holiday 2019 LE.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

- 14 彩漆 (Irourushi): I'm surprised this quad isn't LE! It's so gorgeous and unusual in the color combination, which reminds me of autumn in Japan. I love the red and green pairing in this. These two colors drew me to the quad to begin with. Green and red may sound Christmas-y but as you can see the red is more of a rosy ruby and the green more like a golden pine green. I haven't actually tried wearing them together though. So farm I've only worn one or the other with the cream and suede.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base/highlighter: shimmer, medium intensity. Cream.
- Base/lid: satin, medium intensity. Caramel suede. 
- Deep/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A pine green with gold shimmers.
- Deep/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A rosy ruby red with pink and pale pink shimmers. Beautiful!

- 125 光惚 (Hikaribore): I hesitated on this quad for the longest time because of both the smoky charcoal pan at bottom right and the hot pink pan at bottom left. From promotional pictures, the smoky charcoal appeared matte and I tend to avoid these shades as they turn sooty on my lids. As for the hot pink, Suqqu has released one too many hot pinks I think. There were 12 幻光茜 (Genkouakane), 114 花明 (Hanaakari), and 109 祝紅灯 (Iwaiakari)--that's 3 hot pinks. Now there are 4 of them. Is there no other color in the spectrum? In the end, I caved. That blushing peach is too pretty to pass up. The quad being on sale definitely helped too ^.^ Thankfully, the smoky charcoal turns out to be satiny and not matte.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base/highlighter: metallic, low intensity. A pale pink-beige.
- Lid: metallic, high intensity. A gorgeous blushing peach. Definitely the star of the quad for me.
- Deep/liner: satin, high intensity. Smoky charcoal with sparse white shimmers.
- Accent/crease: shimmer, high intensity. Hot pink.

- 127 深飾 (Fukakazari): I hesitated on this quad as well because I wasn't sure if the medium rose (top right) and the burgundy (bottom left) pans are mattes. See the recurring theme here? I dislike matte eye shadows ^.^" In the end, I caved again because of the midnight blue (bottom right). Thankfully, both the medium rose and the burgundy are satins.

Clockwise from top left:
- Base/highlighter: shimmer, medium intensity. Beige.
- Medium/crease: satin, medium intensity. Medium rose with a glowy finish.
- Deep/liner: shimmer, high intensity. A midnight blue with champagne, blue, and turquoise shimmers that's reminiscent of the starry sky. Love this color!
- Deep/liner: satin, high intensity. Burgundy.

See my previous posts:

2 comments:

Lena L said...

I have Hikaribore and enjoy it a lot! To me, it's one of the prettiest pink palettes. Now, I am looking forward to the pre-holiday collection. One quad stands out to me and the whole collection looks more appealing than the holiday collection itself! :)

D. said...

Hi Lena,

You did the prettiest eye look with Hihakibore too!

Which of the 2 quads from the pre-holiday collection caught your fancy?

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts