Thursday, September 17, 2020

Saborino Treatment in Shampoo

Already half way through this 460mL bottle of Saborino Treatment in Shampoo! There are two versions, Moist and Rich Moist. I bought both but hubby and I are currently using the Moist first. We started using it more than a month ago. 

I first read about this on Citrine's Blog and was excited to try it. My hair is getting long again which means conditioner takes forever to rinse and I just don't have the energy or the time. So a shampoo and conditioner in one is exactly what I need. Plus this brand is new and I haven't tried it before.

If you're wondering, I bought these shampoos from Amazon JP a couple of weeks before the Japanese government restricted flights to and from the US. In fact, for a few years now I've been buying Japanese shampoos and hair care stuff from Amazon JP. I always paid retail or less, thanks to the frequent sales and discounts, and the international shipping fee was very reasonable, way cheaper than if I were to buy from E(vil)bay or Amazon US or other online sources for sure. But this was before this pandemic of course, and I haven't bought anything since so I don't know how things have changed now.
 
Anyway, this shampoo smells delicious, like a tropical fruit punch with a peachy citrus twist and a slight minty tinge to me. The bottle calls the scent "fruity vacation," which sounds about right I think. The shampoo itself is a thick gel that foams like crazy, very typical of a Japanese shampoo. I don't mind the lather. In fact, I like that it foams well. I have an oily scalp and shampoos that don't foam well confuse me and leave my hair feeling less than clean. 
 
It's the rinsing part that I'm less keen with: this stuff takes forever to rinse off, very much like the Leonor Greyl Volumizing Shampoo I tried a couple of weeks ago. When I rinse, it gets weirdly soapy and slippery and oily all at once. Looking at the ingredients, I can sort of guess why: starting at the 7th ingredients are almond oil, anzu (apricot) oil, olive oil, orange oil, kaninabara (rose hip) oil, shea butter, daizu (soy) isoflavone, tea tree extract (the source of the minty sensation perhaps?), jojoba oil, macadamia oil, yuukari (eucalyptus) oil, rooibos extract, and rosemary oil. Yeah, that's a lot of oils to rinse off my hair. No wonder!

I do appreciate that I don't have to follow up with conditioner afterwards. Yes, this shampoo takes forever to rinse, but once I'm done, I'm done, and I really like that. It also leaves my hair super soft the next day whether I'd air-dried or blow-dried, and not at all oily. In short, I like it! Now I have to wonder how my hair would fare with the Rich Moist version.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts