Thursday, September 10, 2020

Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion

Been using this 200mL/6.76fl. oz. bottle of Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion for a few weeks now so here's a review for it.


This product has a confusing name. Actually, this product is just confusing. The "cleanser lotion" title and all that "Avene thermal spring water" claims on the box makes me think it's a cleansing water. However, once out of the box and looking through the bottle's translucent plastic, it's clear the lotion inside is very thick and viscous. It's no cleansing water, that's for sure.
 
Even more confusing is that I'm supposed to "apply morning and evening" with a cotton pad or fingertips and then pat dry, no rinse necessary. So... like a toner? Couldn't they just call it a toner?

The first time I used this, I poured some out into my hand and was immediately taken aback. Woah, it was thick, emulsion-thick. And what do you know, emulsified too as I massaged it onto my face and was so moisturizing it might as well be an emulsion. Thankfully, it soaked up quickly. I wasn't sure if I should wash it all off, that was how thick it was! My skin was pretty comfortable and moisturized afterwards, and it's unscented which I appreciate. Thing was: when I didn't rinse, it turned my face super oily the next day. So in the end, I had to start rinsing. Here's what I think would be a more accurate name for this product: a cleansing emulsion, rinsing optional. Might be good for folks with super dry skin, but I'm not too keen on how thick this lotion is. Will not repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts