Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Mustela Stretch Marks Cream

I was using this 150mL/5.07fl. oz. tube of Mustela Stretch Marks Cream throughout the summer but had to stop more than half way through. This particular tube is from the Mustela Maternity Skincare Set along with a full size Nursing Comfort Balm, but I bought it as a single item too.


Yep, I got some stretch marks with my second baby. According to our family doctor, our pediatrician, and the several midwives we saw over the course of my prenatal care at the local birth center, stretch marks are especially common with second pregnancies. Apparently, the second time around, the uterus knows what to do and where to expand into, and the baby grows pretty quickly to fill out the space. Made sense, because I looked like I was 7 months along when I was really only 4 months into it. By the time I was actually 7 months, I looked like a full-term whale. I didn't gain any more weight than I did last time. In fact, I gain the exact same amount as I did with my first--30lbs (13.61kg). And yet I started showing at 3 months, versus 5 months the first time, and was enormous by 7 months. Much so I used to complained to hubby how I couldn't believe I still have 2-3 months to go because, dammit, I was huuuge and it was only February! So yep, despite being on top of all the belly creams, balms, and oils every night after the shower, I still got stretch marks by the time it was all over. Ha.

Stretch Marks Cream single.

This stretch mark cream is deceptively light. It comes out of the tube a light cream, but it goes on pretty rich, absorbs nicely, and leaves my tummy super soft. Did it help fade or even lightened the stretch marks, even just a little bit? Nope. Not that I can tell at least ^.^" And more than half way through the tube I had to stop using it, because the weather got so hot at one point during the summer the richness of the cream made me all sticky and icky. I'll probably resume using the tube soon enough since the temperature has cooled down a bit. 

Anyway, just FYI: I don't know if this was a one-time fluke or what, but my Maternity Skincare Set labels this Stretch Mark Cream tube to be unscented. However, this is incorrect and the tube is scented. Individually, there are both a scented and an unscented version available and I actually went back and bought an unscented tube because it's a nice cream for the tummy and I do like it.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts