Friday, September 18, 2020

Paul & Joe Lip Treatment Balm

This review is long overdue, and I'd only remembered to post it after reading Lena's post on Lip Treatments back in July. I've been using this 12g jar of Paul & Joe Lip Treatment Balm L in LE "color" 004 Vin Chaud (mulled wine) since January of this year, and I'd hit pan much sooner than I thought I would--after just two months of use! There were actually 2 varieties released as part of the holiday 2018 collection, 004 Vin Chaud and 005 Stollen, but only 004 was available.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

When I was placing an order with Beauty Habit back in early January, I needed a cart filler and picked up this Treatment Balm L along with Tinted Lip Gloss 001 Musing, which was a LE release in the summer of 2017 (yes, I bought another lip gloss, all thanks to the success of Suqqu Water Color Lip Ink). So yes, this Treatment Balm L was a cart filler that turned out to be an unexpected hit. The Tinted Lip Gloss too, actually! Will post that next.

Anyway, it just so happened that at the time, I was itching for a new lip balm for my nightstand and so was game to try this. I'm glad I did, because I'm now a member of the P&J Lip Treatment Balm club if there was one. Count me a fan!

I didn't start out a fan, no. I started out pretty repulsed. I opened up the jar, touched the balm (so that my camera can focus on the spot) and was immediately taken aback. The "balm" was more like a super thick jelly. Like, goopy thick, so thick I wondered if it might glue my mouth shut were I to put it on my lips. So I took my photos, smelled the stuff, and twisted close the cap and that was that. I've never had mulled wine, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't smell like sweet roses, which is what this balm smells like. Then came nighttime and I was curious, so I tried it on, finally, and hey, wow, it didn't feel as goopy on my lips as it did on my fingers. On my lips, it was a layer of thick jelly that just lasted and lasted. It was still there on my lips came morning, and my lips were pillowy soft. Sold. After reading Lena's review, I bought the regular version to try, especially because it's minty. Will review later. 

- 004 Vin Chaud: appears a burgundy but I assure you it's colorless. See swatches. 


Tinted Lip Gloss 001 Musing (left, will post next) and this Treatment Balm L (right).

2 comments:

Lena L said...

Wow, the LE tin is so beautiful! And, I love the subtle tint. Yes, I am still in the club and use it almost every night. I will certainly repurchase it and hope I can find a beautiful LE like yours when I do. :D

D. said...

Hi Lena,

Yes P&J usually release some really pretty LE packaging! They're releasing another LE Doraemon collection on November 1st if you're interested. There will be yet another Lip Treatment Balm L in LE packaging too! I actually like the original tin better. The signature P&J chrysanthemum motif is gorgeous.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts