Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A'pieu Power Block Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++

I've been carrying this 15g A'pieu Power Block Sun Stick SPF50+ PA++++ in my handbag since last summer so here's a review for it, finally. There are 2 types, Regular and Tone Up, and I'm using the Tone Up. Also, please note this stick is several years old now and there's of course a new version of it, which I don't have and don't plan on getting.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As with all sunscreen sticks, I use this for touch-up only. My first line of sun defense is always a waterproof milk, or at least a waterproof blend of milk and gel/essence/whatever texture that doesn't work on its own. And I picked this Tone Up version to carry in my bag for obvious reasons: when I need a last minute dress-me-up. With two kiddos, impromptu lunch/dinner dates with hubby is totally a thing. 
 
This A'pieu stick does a pretty decent job whenever I do reach for it. It feels a bit hard at first, but that's because I don't reach for it often enough which causes the top surface to dry out after a while, not the product's fault. This hard and dryness goes away pretty quickly once I start using. There's a slight white cast upon application but this too goes away after blending, and it sets to a dewy-powdery finish. The result is that my skin looks pretty nice, as if I'm wearing a translucent-light coverage bb cream. If I want to add on some makeup, I just need a light dusting of sun powder and I'll be all set (currently carrying O Hui Day Shield Sun Powder SPF50+ PA+++ 02 Beige, will post later). Oh, and there is a nice scent, a touch strong but doesn't bother me.

One time, I applied this stick on bare skin, without my usual waterproof milk underneath. I thought I would get a kabuki mask, or at least I would look pale. To my surprise, the slight white cast went away after blending too! Even on bare skin, this stick still set to a dewy-powdery finish, and I looked as though I was wearing my usual waterproof milk. Pretty nice! If you're looking for a touch-up stick that would dress up your skin a little bit, give this one a try.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts