Thursday, January 18, 2024

By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge Part II

Along with By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Care Stick, I also picked up three more Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge in 5N Flush Contour, 11 Fatal Shot, and 15 Grand Cru in hopes of finding sheerer colors than the 10 Berry Boom I first tried. But of course this review is super late as I've had these lippies for several years now. These tube and packaging designs are old, as the line was revamped a few years ago, which means all three colors described below are long discontinued as well.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
 
- 5N Flush Contour: transparent and shimmer free peach-nude. It was part of the spring 2015 collection (ancient, I know, =.=) along with 4 other "nudes", 1N Bare Balm, 2N Innocent Kiss, 3N Nude Pulp, and 4N Sheer Glow. I'd seen swatches of the other four and they honestly looked like clear lip balms to me, so I went with this 5N Flush Contour which actually had some color. When I saw the bullet for the first time, I thought, ack, too brown! Then I swatched it on the back of my hand and thought, hmm, it's not too bad, not too brown. Finally, I tried it on my lips and oooh, what's this? This color is actually flattering and pretty on me ^.^" So yes, believe it or not, among all three colors this one was my favorite! Actually, I'd since passed on the below two to my MIL and this was the only one I kept. Enough said.

- 11 Fatal Shot: shimmer free blue-based red that turned raspberry on me. Sounds pretty, right? However, it was also very pigmented and was just garish on me, so I passed it on to MIL. Was part of the permanent collection before the line revamp.

- 15 Grand Cru: swatched a wine-berry but turned magenta on me :( This too was passed on to MIL because she loves this color family.

From left to right: Baume de Rose Lip Care Stick, and Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge 5N Flush Contour, 11 Fatal Shot, and 15 Grand Cru.

See my previous By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts