Wednesday, January 17, 2024

By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Care Stick

Shortly after getting By Terry Baume de Rose Lip Care several years ago, I also picked up this Baume de Rose Lip Care Stick (yep, took this long for me to review...). I liked the formula of the Lip Care but couldn't make it work with the white base and the strong scent, and I thought this Lip Care Stick would be better. Since it was in a stick, I thought it would be more like a clear balm. 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Nope. I was very wrong. Actually, I couldn't be more wrong. Turned out this Lip Care Stick was even worse than the liquid Lip Care. In fact, I wouldn't call this a "lip care" stick at all, because it was more like a lip primer stick: it had an opaque white base, which I *think* was meant to even out the lips and provide some moisture for lipsticks to layer over. It even looked the part. The moment I uncapped the pencil, I thought, ehhh, this looks like a concealer stick and not at all a lip balm. Sure, the formula was balmy and moisturizing, but once applied my lips looked like I'd just put on concealer. Ha. 
 
So have I been doing with this stick? Using it was intended, of course, as a lip primer, and layering under the matte lippies I have, some of which do need a little moisture underneath. 

From left to right: this Baume de Rose Lip Care Stick, and Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge in 5N Flush Contour, 11 Fatal Shot, and 15 Grand Cru (will post next).

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts