Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Master Soap Soap Gifts Part III

The last of my Master Soaps, finally. We managed to use up a little over half of my original giant haul and gifted the rest away.
 
No, it wasn't that that we didn't like them or want to use them anymore. More like bar soaps aren't kids-friendly in general. My little guys don't know to take their time with bar soaps and lather up. They just rub their little hands over the bars real quick and thought that was enough. So now all our sinks have foaming hand soaps in cute pump bottles, and one pump is all they need for just enough lather to clean but not dry out sensitive baby skin.

Which means these lovely (and smells heavenly) Japanese bar soaps have been neglected. So we gifted them away to those who would appreciate them.
 
From the Hanagasane Gift Set


- Cha: smelled amazing and filled up my small half bath on the main floor. In fact, it reminded me of Bath & Body Work's White Tea and Ginger, minus the ginger ^.^ Yes, I was expecting green tea or matcha scent, but got a flowery tea scent instead--and loved it!

- Nanohana: fresh and slightly floral scent. This particular bar foamed well all the way to the end without cracking or becoming waxy even though I'd been using it in the middle of a cold and dry winter.

From the Wagasane Gift Set

- Yuzu 80g: loved this yuzu scent even though it was rather faint and didn't last long. The bar of soap itself became waxy about 2/3 the way through and didn't produce good foams either. Had to toss it, unfortunately. The first bar of Master Soap that I thought was subpar. 

- Kawarayomogi (fragrant wormwood): now this bar smelled great, a clean and uplifting fragrant that reminded me a little bit of juniper. That said, I had no idea what fragrant wormwood really smells like though ^.^"

Trom the Hachimitsu to... (Honey and...) Soap Gift

- Honey & Lemon: the honey was very prominent and the lemon much less so. Actually, the lemon was so faint I could hardly smell it unless I sniffed the bar up close. 

- Honey & Apple: the apple was more prominent in this bar and it scented my half bath on the first floor!



- Honey & Lavender: smelled really nice...but nothing like lavender ^.^" more like a mild and pleasant floral scent.
 
From the Irohadayori Gift Set

- Shyaku Yaku (Peony): I didn't know what peonies smelled like but this soap sure smelled lovely and scented my half bath on the first floor.


- Tsubaki: a mild but fragrant flower scent that even my oldest liked. He even said his hands smelled good after each wash!

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts