Saturday, January 20, 2024

Chantecaille Lip Tint Hydrating Balm

These Chantecaille Lip Tint Hydrating Balm was released as part of Vibrant Oceans Collection in the summer of 2020 (yes, I'm super late on posting, what else is new?). There were 4 colors available: Beach Rose, Calendula, Madeira, and Verbena. I started out with Calendula and Verbena but read so much about Beach Rose being "universally flattering" that I came back for it. Then I decided that all three were so sheer I didn't need Madeira, so I skipped it.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


So, my first reaction was sticker shock: these go for $34 for a minuscule 1g of product. That's nuts! I knew that Chantecaille was pricey but this was absolutely ridiculous. So this alone put a bad taste in my mouth with the brand. 

But other than the initial sticket shock, my experience with these was net positive. The blue metallic tubes were heavy in my hand, substantial to hold, and beautiful to look at. The cap clicked close securely too. These lippies were unscented, which to me was always a good thing. The formula was thin and with lots of slip. To make up for the slightly silicone-y feel, these were super moisturizing and had a glossy finish. While I would have preferred a thicker and balmier formula, I liked these well enough.

- Beach Rose: translucent warm pink. This supposedly "universally flattering" shade didn't show at all on my lips. Ha! At least I didn't ever need a mirror to apply it.

- Calendula: translucent reddish orange. This color showed up best when swatched on the back of my hands, but was pretty sheer on my lips. It was still pretty though!

- Verbena: transparent raspberry with shimmers that don't show. My favorite of the bunch!

From left to right: Beach Rose, Calendula, and Verbena.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts