Thursday, April 7, 2022

Lancome Genifigue Hydrogel Melting Mask

Another belated post for this pair of Lancome Genifigue Hydrogel Melting Mask soaked in a generous 28g of serum. This was part of the Skincare Essentials Collection I bought from Nordstrom a couple of years ago. 

You know how some folks out there dislikes a certain texture? For example, hubby hates corduroy, velvet, and velour. He said they give him goosebumps when he touches them, so he won't even come near them. I have another friend who dislike matte surfaces. She said touching them gives her the shivers. Let's just say I never quite understand the repulsion until I touched this "Hydrogel" Melting Mask. 

This sheet mask was made from some kind of silicone-y gel, like those sticky gel shapes you stick on glass for decorations that kids love to poke at and play with only slimier and plastic-y. I didn't hate it or anything, but it was definitely distracting that I wanted to fiddle with it more so than putting it on my face. In fact, the whole time I questioned whether I should be wearing this slimy plastic-y gel mask and whether it would melt my face off. Irrational, yes. Kind of fun and distracting, also yes. 

But other than the texture of the sheet mask itself, the serum was nice, although rather strongly scented. It left my face well-moisturized and my skin soft. There was a generous amount of it, much so I was able to soak another sheet mask tablet in the extra and had another mask to use the day after! But would I repurchase this mask? Probably not. The mask's texture is too distracting.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts