Sunday, April 17, 2022

Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick

Here's another lip balm tucked away and forgotten in a drawer: this 4.82g/0.17oz. full size tube of Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick that I got as part of a generous GWP from Beauty Habit some years ago. The tube had the manfacturer's shrink wrap and the balm itself was slightly dried up (it shrank a tiny little bit), but upon testing I found it okay to use still so I'm using it ^.^


To my surprise, this was a great lip balm! It was thick and smooth, softer and oilier than the L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Lip Balm with zero hint of wax. Surely, there's some wax in it because it's a stick, no? However, once applied it feels more like a thick and oily balm on my lips. There's an herbal scent with a touch of floral, and my 5yr old actually likes it! The first time I put it on his chapped upper lip, he said, "It smells nice, Mama. I like the smell!" 
 
After a few uses, it struck me that this lip balm is almost, if not wholly identical to the Alverde Naturkosmetik Lip Balm that Julia kindly gifted me a while ago. It has the same scent, texture, feel, and even the balm stick itself has the same color! The realization made me rather happy and I headed right over to Dr. Hauschka's website, all ready to buy another stick for hubby when the price gave me the pause. What?! $15?! But but but the lip balm stick Julia sent she said was only $1!!! So I didn't buy it. Hmph.

4 comments:

Julia said...

I can send you more! It's this:
https://www.dm.de/alverde-naturkosmetik-lippenbalsam-calendula-p4058172621420.html
Anything else you want? I just discovered a nice flavored black tea (peach + lemon) which I was thinking I might stock up on before it sells out:
https://www.teegschwendner.de/Frohe-Ostern-Pfirsich-Zitrone/101701

D. said...

Hi Julia,

You're so kind, thank you! I still have a bunch of lip balms I need to use up first. Hopefully they won't discontinue this lovely lip balm anytime soon.

The tea sounds delish! I would like to try but don't want to trouble you just to send me a packet of tea. Next time ^.^

How are you doing?

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Since it's been around forever, I'd be very surprised by them discontinuing it. I actually think they just added a new version recently? Maybe I'll have some more time to shop the next time I visit home.
(Speaking of lip products, I love the stuff you sent me! Especially the rose and moquito squeezy tubes. But they're so expensive! You really shouldn't have!)
I can totally send you the tea and some other things you might want from Europe! Perhaps you'd fancy some chocolate or stuff for the boys?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Sorry this message got buried in my Inbox!

Sure, next time you visit home, if you would please grab me a couple of those lip balms, old or new version is fine either way. And goodness, my two little boys are turning into chocolate monsters. They'll love chocolate ANYTHING (without nuts, because the littlest one doesn't have all his teeth yet LOL). Thank you!

Yay! Happy to hear you love the stuff I sent! I really like the rose squeezy tube--from Jouer, right? Most of the time I use coupons and get discounts, so I don't ever pay the retail price you see online. Same with the mojito squeezy tube. Don't worry :) The next time I have a coupon or discount, I'll pick up some more for you!

Hugs,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts