Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Organic Pharmacy Radiant Day Shield SPF10

This is the next installment in my search for a moisturizing base to layer over my moisturizer but under my sunscreen, because my skin gets way too dry in the winter with sunscreen on.

Before this, I'd tried Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm Bare Glow. However, it was so moisturizing that it prevented my sunscreen to set, and it was way too "glowy" and pearly for my taste as well.

And before Bobbi Brown, I'd tried Paul & Joe La Tout Eclat Moisturizing Foundation Primer L SPF18 PA+, but it turned out to be full coverage, a completely opaque and pearly lavender base. Nope.

And before P&J La Tout Eclat, I was using 3 different Paul & Joe Pearl Foundation Primers which were actually working out OK until the weather got too cold and my skin got too dry.

So here I am now, with this 30mL/1fl. oz. dropper bottle of The Organic Pharmacy Radiant Day Shield SPF10 from the Day Plump & Glow Kit I bought over this past holidays season.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

So, a serum to brighten and repair, with so little an SPF they might as well leave it out since it's pretty much useless. The bottle requires shaking, and I am to use a full dropper for the face. 
 
This serum has the consistency of yogurt. It looks pretty opaque in the bottle, so I good thing I picked a day when I was lounging at home to it out. Because oh boy, when they said "brightens", of course they meant pearlized--what was I thinking? Why do I keep making the same mistakes? Thank goodness the "serum" isn't totally opaque as it appears from the outside. It's actually semi-translucent, and after it set it gave my face only a slightly powdered look and not a full coverage mask.

However, a full dropper was way too much (above) and half a dropper gave me a better finish. Still, after all said and done I still couldn't make this serum work for me: it mattefied. Argh! The finish was decent, but the mattefying was too drying for my already-dry skin. There was no way I could layer this under my sunscreen which was also somewhat mattefying. And there's never any need for me to wear a mattefying base by itself when I'm just hanging out at home, so unfortunately, this serum ended up being useless for me. Onwards!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts