Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Eye Creme

Been using this generous 22mL/0.76fl. oz. jar of Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Eye Creme as part of my morning routine for a couple of months now and liking it ok. Here's the funny thing: the eye cream has actually dried up quite a bit, but I'm still using it and find that I actually like its dried up version better. Weird, right?

 
When I first took pictures of this eye cream, the jar was full. At least from the outside appearance, it was full. I don't ever open up any product until I actually start using it. So after photographing the jar, I sealed it up with saran wrap the same way I seal up all of my skincare product for storage. However, when I finally dig out the jar a couple of months back, I found that the cream had actually dried down to a balm. So from a full jar of cream, I now have half a jar of balm. This has only happened once before, and also with a Peter Thomas Roth product. Hmm... I sense a pattern here. Otherwise, I've never had any problem with skincare products drying up after sealing like this. 
 
Anyway, at first I was terribly disappointed. Then I decided that before tossing out the jar, I ought to just test this "balm" on the back of my hand. Well, what do you know, I found I actually like this dried up and thicker texture! Either way, it's unscented, and while I don't know how the cream would have felt, this thick balm is rich and moisturizing, perfect for the transition period between the cold winter and the hot summer. So yeah, I've been using it since as part of my morning routine and it's been layering fine under my sunscreen ^.^ I probably won't repurchase though. Actually, I probably won't buy any more PTR products because of their propensity to dry up.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts