Thursday, August 29, 2024

BloomEffects Royal Tulip Cleansing Jelly

Here's a cleanser I'd never want to touch again: this 80mL/80g/2.7oz. jar of BloomEffects Royal Tulip Cleansing Jelly. This was a gelee-to-oil cleanser with an interesting and unique texture, an oily gelee that melted instantly upon application into an oil that was smooth and not too thick, but not thin and silicone-y either. However, the good feelings ended there :( 


It didn't rinse well at all and left a thick film behind on my face, and a follow-up foaming cleanser didn't get rid of the greasy film. Fine, I could tolerate that since my skin was already dry. The bigger problem was that it made my body and my hair as well, especially around the hairlines! Just as the follow-up foaming cleanser couldn't get rid of the film on my face, shampooing couldn't get rid of the grease on my hair. The result was my hair ended up staying greasy for days on end, until I shampoo it with clarifying shampoo which I use on Sundays. 

Now the absolute worse was that it made everything around me greasy too: my shower floors, walls, and glass! WTF?! I've never ever had an oil cleanser that literally leaves a greasy film on my entire self and my entire shower interior! It was like I sprayed a coat of grease all over my shower every night and after a couple of days, it became absolutely gross. I can't believe I paid $30 for this shit jelly just to scrub, and scrub, and scrub my shower floor. Absolutely will not repurchase and definitely do not recommend, unless you like everything greasy. Urgh.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts