Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Shiseido Waso Quick Gentle Cleanser

After Giorgio Armani Beauty Armani Prima Oil-in-Gel Foaming Cleanser, I was equally confused with this 150mL/5fl. oz. bottle of Shiseido Waso Quick Gentle Cleanser. Turned out both cleansers had identical concepts! What are the odds of that? I had never seen such a cleanser before, and then boom, I happened to use two of them back to back from two very different brands.


Like Armani Prima, this Waso cleanser was a 2-in-1 makeup/sunscreen remover and follow-up foaming cleanser. I started with dry face and hands as well, and sure enough, this gel foamed without water, just like Armani Prima. It was thicker and less runny though, and it smelled really nice, a mild but fresh and clean floral. It was also stronger and dried out my skin a bit after rinsing :(

And like Armani Prima, I still didn't trust that it removed my waterproof sunscreen completely. So I still used a follow up cleanser (Elta MD Skincare Foaming Facial Cleanser, will post soon), which certainly didn't help with my skin's dryness afterwards. So in all, I liked this Waso cleanser better than Armani Prima, but I still wished it was just a normal cleansing oil. So nice try, Shiseido, but let's just stick to what works. I wouldn't repurchase this cleanser, and it's been discontinued either way so that's that.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts