Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Shu Uemura Ultime8∞ Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil

Went through several bottles of jars of cleansing oils and balms these past couple of months so here goes. First up: this 150mL/5fl. oz. pump bottle of Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil.



Two things I found annoying with this product, and while they may be small details, they did affect how I viewed and valued the product. I found it gimmicky and annoying to have a symbol, any symbol, in the product name. This Ultime8∞ Sublime has an infinity sign, and the lovely but unfortunately discontinued Nutri:Nectar Gentle Cleansing Oil in Emulsion had a colon. Why? I don't know. Maybe it looked nice? But other than the visuals it did nothing but elicited a snort out of me. I also found frustrating that the bottles were rather slim and tall, which meant they fall over easily. Why does this bother me? Because I have bad eyes, which means poor perception of depth, which means I knock stuff over all the time. 

Anyway, the Ultime8∞ Sublime was a very thin and runny cleansing oil that felt very silicone-y. It did rinse well without leaving any residue behind and left my skin nice and soft, but being so thin the oil frequently got into my mouth and nose while washing which was both irritating and surprising, because I've used plenty of thin and runny cleansing oils that did not behave the same way. There was a decent herbal scent. Anyway, for the price and all the annoyances, I will definitely not repurchase. Life is too short (and my product queue is too long) for repeat-purchases that are more annoying than pleasant. Why would I spend so much money just to be annoyed? I wouldn't.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts