Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Giorgio Armani Beauty Armani Prima Oil-in-Gel Foaming Cleanser

Another cleanser that I finished a while ago but didn't get around to post until now: this 150mL/5.07fl. oz. tube of Giorgio Armani Beauty Armani Prima Oil-in-Gel Foaming Cleanser.

 
I was pretty confused with this cleanser and had to look up how to use it. The name alone was confusing: was it a cleansing gel (as in gel-to-oil) makeup/sunscreen remover? Or was a regular foaming cleansing gel? Well, as it turned out, it was both!

This was actually a pretty interesting and unique cleanser that I hadn't encountered before. It had a runny gel texture that then transformed into a foaming emulsion, all BEFORE coming into contact with water. There was a generic soapy scent that didn't bother me. I started with dry face and hands, massaged the cleansing gel on, felt it foam up into a creamy micro-foam lather, massaged some more with that lather, and then rinsed. So I concluded that it was supposed to be a 2-in-1 makeup/sunscreen remover and follow-up foaming cleanser in one step. Neat idea, right?

I was really iffy at first whether it would thoroughly remove my waterproof sunscreen. And to be honest it wasn't as effective as a straight-up oil cleanser, so I always followed up with my usual foaming cleanser anyway just to ensure complete sunscreen removal. However, this totally defeated the purpose of the product. Which is to say I won't repurchase. Cool idea, but execution wasn't quite there yet.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts